Sunday, November 14, 2010

Travelling Part II

After my rant a couple of weeks ago on dealing with irritating people when traveling, it seems like a good idea to talk about what you can do to make your time traveling better.

Be nice to the people you meet, especially the staff of the airports, hotels, taxis, and airlines. Ask for, don't demand, help. Respect their expertise (it's their job and they've probably been doing for at least as long as you've been doing yours). Tell them what you need and let them work out the best way to resolve your problem.
      And remember what Jessica Rabbit (a real hottie) said about Roger Rabbit (something of a goof but, still, her husband): "He makes me laugh." These people are often doing the same thing over and over again with the only interruptions being unpleasent. If you can break that routine up with something that gives them a giggle...well, people will do almost anything for someone who will make them laugh.
      Besides, laughter is the sound of someone's brain ticking over. And, especially if you're having a problem, it's good to have people thinking.

I'll be honest: I haven't always followed these guidelines myself. But when I don't, I'm always sorry; When I do, it always works out.

Reading or read

No comments: